Davao City, Philippines — Incoming president Rodrigo Duterte presented his cabinet to the media in Panacan, Davao City.
The event at the Presidential Guest House comes a day after Congress proclaimed Duterte as the duly-elected next president of the country.
The new appointees announced:
- Department of the Interior and Local Government secretary - Former South Cotabato Governor and former PDP-Laban chairman Mike Sueño
- Department of National Defense - Retired Major General Delfin Lorenzana
- Department of Science and Technology - Former Science Undersecretary Fortunato Dela Peña
- Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) - Retired police general Isidro Lapeña, Former Davao City olice Chief
- National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council - 5th Infantry Division chief Ricardo Jalad
- Undersecretary of the Department of Local and Interior Government (DILG) - Catalino Cuy, a former police chief of Davao City who later became head of the Philippine National Police (PNP’s) Special Action Force before the Mamasapano
- Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board chief (LTO)- Lawyer Martin Delgra
- Bureau of Immigration (BOI) - Retired General Jaime Morente, a former police chief for Southern Mindanao
- Department of Science and Technology Secretary - undersecretary Fortunato dela Peña
- National Bureau of Investigation for Southern Mindanao - Lawyer Dante Gieran