Thursday, February 23, 2017

Sen Leila de Lima Arrested Drug-related Charges

Sen Leila de Lima Arrested, Leila de Lima mugshot, mugshot, leila mugshot, de lima mugshot

Senator Leila de Lima, was arrested Friday morning for having abetted the illegal drug trade in the New Bilibid Prison when she was justice secretary from 2010 to 2015. Arresting officers arrived in front of her Senate office early in the morning (8:00 AM Manila time).

"I will go with them voluntarily," de Lima told reporters. "It is my honor to be jailed for what I am fighting for," she added. "If they think that by jailing me, I will turn my back on my principles, they are mistaken. Instead, they have encouraged me more to pursue truth and justice," de Lima said in a statement.

She's accused of receiving payoffs from convicted drug lords who were able to continue their illegal operations from behind bars while she was justice secretary. The prison facility is managed by the Bureau of Corrections, an arm of the Department of Justice.




No comments:

Post a Comment