Sunday, October 19, 2014

Walters Knocked Out Donaire Cold Wins Title

Donaire KO, Donaire Knocked out, Walters vs Donaire

Donaire KO, Donaire Knocked out, Walters vs Donaire

LOS ANGELES, United States – Nicholas Walters of Jamaica who is also undefeated knocked out Filipino boxing star Nonito Donaire just a few seconds before the end of the 6th round on Saturday to bag the  World Boxing Association featherweight title.

Walters was able to hit with a powerful overhand right on the left face of Donaire that floored him. Referee Raul Caiz counted out Donaire at 2:59 of the 6th round.

Walters during an interview said, “I invited him in and then I caught him with that powerful shot. It was tough work. He’s a super world champion. He caught me with a few shots early.”

This was Donaire's first Knocked Out defeat. “He knocked the hell out of me. I was at my best. I never trained this hard. He came out as tough as I thought he would be,” Donaire said.

Walters 28, record improved to 25-0.

No comments:

Post a Comment