Sunday, June 1, 2014

Bloody Donaire wins WBA featherweight title against Vetyeka in a Controversial Way

Nonito Donaire, boxing, Vetyeka

The win of Nonito Donaire against Simpiwe Vetyeka is controversial, he won it via technical decision in Macau.

Donaire had a cut during the first round as a result of an accidental headbutt. He told the refs that he want to continue the fight. He was struggling to see Vetyeka. Before the fifth round the referee Luis Pabon stop the fight and handed Donaire the WBA featherweight title against the champion Vetyeka. There were a lot of uproar amongst the crowd.

Donaire said "I wasn’t able to see his right hands, which were his power shots. I didn't want the fight to be stopped because I want to continue for the fans."

Vetyeka said "I didn’t think it was a headbutt. I’m terribly upset."

No comments:

Post a Comment